The Blair House website is sponsored by the Blair House Restoration Fund, working in partnership with the Blair House Curator, the Blair House Manager, and the Office of Protocol, U.S. Department of State.
The Blair House website was originally developed by Adcetera, a Houston-based marketing and advertising agency firm which generously donated the design and web services to the Blair House Restoration Fund for many years. We remain exceedingly grateful for their original design, so much of which remains to this day. Modifications and amendments have been added over the years to reflect changes to the décor, furnishings and narratives of the President’s Guest House.
Adcetera acknowledged the following sources that provided historical and curatorial information in the creation of the original website:
• Information and photographs from Blair House: The President’s Guest House, published in 1989 by the Blair House Restoration Fund, with text by Marlene Elizabeth Heck and photographs by Kari Haavisto, Hickey-Robertson, Mary E. Nichols, and John F. Grant.
• Virginia Jeans Laas, ed. The Civil War Letters of Elizabeth Blair Lee (Urgana and Chicago: University of Illinois Press) 1991.
• Harold Holzer, Gabor S. Boritt and Mark E. Neely, Jr. The Lincoln Image: Abraham Lincoln and the Popular Print. New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 198: 43-55.
• Harry T. Peters, America on Stone, New York: Amo Press, 1976 (Reprint edition): pages 119-200
• A number of general reference works were also consulted for basic factual and historical information.
Photographs by Bruce White and Durston Saylor are copyrighted by the White House Historical Association and may not be used without the permission of the White House Historical Association.
Photographs by Carol Highsmith are part of the Carol M. Highsmith Archive, Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division.
Photographs by Louise Kraft belong to Blair House and may not be used without the permission of the Blair House curator.
Other photographs in the website are copyrighted by their respective owners. Every effort has been made to secure specific permission for the use of these photographs on the website. Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.